Sunday, November 7, 2010

Canvas 2 01/24

We are listening to your requests! :-)

Also, since one nice guy sent me Lunar subs for this show, I couldn't resist starting this as the next project.

This release is based on (rather ancient) xvid DVD rips from KTXP. The quality is pretty good though. There are newer x264 rips from SumiSora which I also have, but I fail to see how they are better (see screen comparison below). I've also downloaded two sets of raws from PD, they are not too bad, but like most releases from PD, they use WMV9 codec, which I try to avoid when possible.

Screen comparison between Lunar TV rips and KTXP
Screen comparison between SumiSora and KTXP

So, the technical stuff:

Video: xvid 848x480 ~1400kbps 23.976fps
Audio: Janapese 2.0 AAC ~220kbps
Subtitles: English styled softsubs (ASS), translation by Lunar Anime

Since I'm not a native speaker, Lunar subs are not edited, just retimed to this release. (This applies to all my releases.) Lunar used Impress BT font for the dialogue, so I decided to use the same.





BTW I had weird problems timing the subs in Aegisub using KTXP video. It shows a frame as frame NNN, then I move around a bit and suddenly it shows the same frame as NNN+1 (or NNN-1). Then some time later the frames are shifted again. WTF is that? Since I failed to fix this, I had to temporarily transcode the video to x264 for timing. The final release, of course, uses the original video.

10 comments:

  1. Is this the dvd version?
    ktxp didn't have too much difference compared to lunar aside from colors were a bit brighter.

    If it is dvd however, and it has changes compared to the tvrip then it would be a rather significant change no matter what.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you.Are these dvd rips.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, this is the DVD version. I'm not sure, however, if it has any changed scenes compared to the TV version. I didn't notice them so far.

    The differences from Lunar TV rip are:
    1. Softsubs instead of hardsubs
    2. Better video quality (it's brighter, sharper, and has more detail - for example, on the first screen in the screen comparison the TV rip misses half of the stars)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks! wonderful, the original wincest returns!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been waiting dude!! hahaha
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are several differences in the DVD and TV versions, one of your pics even shows one of em. Thetop pic with the girl with the flowers shows several canvases that, in the TV version, were blank, for example.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh shi... You beat me to it by... 5 years :D
    Good to see another rip besides sumisora-caso existed

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's amazing! Thanks for this release. I'm Canvas2 fans too, so I hope you guys will keep up with this show until it's complete :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can someone seed Canvas 2
    episodes 7,12,14,15,23

    ReplyDelete
  10. Once I watch the first 2 OVAs, I am totally in here.

    ReplyDelete